tiistai 24. heinäkuuta 2012

Onwards to Ostroda, 1st Thumbs Up.

24.7.2012 12:00
After having said goodbye to Bartosz we went to shop some fruits for our trip.

Check the sleepingbag. :'D

We took also an empty box of fruits where we wrote "Ostroda and E77", name of the town and road we were going to try to hitchhike. We found quite a good place for HH and checked many times that the road was really the right one. I wanted to be the first one with my finger up. :)


I was sure that we would have to wait some hours before getting the ride. (Actually she was a bit stressed that are we on a good spot, is my thumb up enough etc. :P )

Well suddenly we ended up letting a car wait for us. (A good style for a HHer) The car had stopped on the side of the road and we didn't notice it first as I was putting some suncream on Mika's shoulders.

The first ride on this trip was a nice couple from Poland, Maria and Jurek. They were just starting their holidays and heading towars Warsova. Even their navigator didn't know where were we, because the road was brand new. Or they had fixed the road because of the European football championships.


Of to Mika
We passed the river Vilnus and got to the countyside of Poland. it suddenly reminded me a bit of Pohjanmaa in Finland.


They were really nice and took us to Ostroda, just next to the Wakeboarding centre. I got really excited to see the center and could see that Janina was excited also. We went to grab a cup of coffee at a nearby restaurant.


Jan texted us that he could meet us in about 20 minutes next to the wakegboarding place. We responded that we are having coffee nearby and agreed to meet on the pier next to us. He came on his bike, with Matylda, his daughter in the charriot on the back. At first Matylda didn't seem to remember me. But surpricingly a bit later she remembered that I am the guy who had hello kitty backpack. :) Jan, Aga and Matylda had been to my place in Turku a couple of years back.

Jan suggested that we go by Agas workplace to meet her and say hi. She is a Vetenarian and has opened her own clinic with two friends a couple months ago. It was nearby and there was a few animals inside. We said hi, Aga went back to work and we continued towards their flat.

Jan told us he had some practise to do today evening and asked what we wanted to do. Well as we like to practise also and told that to him, he got the idea of going to a nice forest lake for open water training. Janina was clearly excited about practise and just said that luckily she took her swimming goggles with her. We just quickly unpacked the swimming gear and grabbed some fruits to take with us. Then we were ready to head out. We took Jan's car from the lot and headed towards Dobre Miasto where the forest lakes were.


Over there we parked on the side of the road a kilometer from the lake and walked a forest road to the lake. Really nice forest not so different from the finnish ones clean and beautiful. Matylda collected some flowers on the way.


We tried to find a place where it wouldn't be too deep for Matylda to swim but couldn't find a better place than the one Jan usually used. So we walked back there.


Jan and Janina went first to swim.


I stayed with Matylda on the shore water. She got cold after a while so we got up and started ahead with the fruits we had taken with us.


They did a couple of there and back trips to the other side of the lake and then it was my time. Well I swam there freestyle and back brestswimming, and that was enough for me. I haven't practised swimming as much as Janina or Jan so I still have trouble keeping my stance. My legs drop and are mostly useless. Also I feel that eventhough I swim slow and breath a long time I cant get enough oxygen for longer swimming trips. I can do a fast 50 or maybe a Hundred. But the longer I swim the more I am out of breath. I just need to practice more and maybe get a few pointers from the pros. Well I tried to hitchhike a swimming ride also. But Janina didn't take me.


We enjoyed some snacks by the water. The water was so clear that when we were swimming you could see the sunlight rays towards the black bottom. Also on the shore we could see what we call Ahven in Finnish.


We headed back to the flat as Aga was also getting out of work after a short moment. Jan prepared us some of his homemade "quickdinner" from the freezer. It was cheese and meat inside a makaroni.

We promised to look for Matylda for a moment. Jan went on for some running practice and Aga was still working. She was adorable we playd with formingwax(muovailuvaha?)


We went early to sleep, so we probably could have got early up also. For Tuesday we had a plan to go wakeboarding.

Tuesday 24th

The wakeboarding didn't go as well as I thought. It was really hard to get on the board and I think the biggest reason wasn't that the board was too big for me. I just hadn't still got used to it. After too many times of tries, we desided to take a little brake and go somewhere to eat, then come back and try again.(Actually it was like five tries) On a way to eat we saw Jan and Matylda playing in a garden. Jan asked if we wanted to go sailing that evening, not only wakeboard the hole day. I almost started to yell like the kids over me like "Yes!". Mika wasn't so excited, I think. (I love sailing, but not when it means that Janina will get out of her promice to try as long as it takes to make a full lap)

We changed our plan and didn't go to eat. I promised to try the wakeboarding one time again, and afterwards I realized that it was a good decision as I managed to stood up on the board. I felt quickly because the board was still too big for me, but it was fun! Mika had still some time to go before we had to leave, and I went to take some sun like the other girlfriends.



The sailing experience was a bit different than I thought. Maybe it's because I'm so fond of swimming and Jan provoked me a bit. And it wasn't even that windy. So, I fixed my bikini with my shoelaces, because I had lost the rope while wakeboarding. Then I just jumped in the water, like Jan and the other guy had already done with an intention to swim. Well, I could have asked is it a long way to swim, but how surpricingly I didn't. (Doesn't think, just does first and thinks later. That is Janina, a bit crazy as I like her)


I got a little bit scared when I didn't see Jan anywhere or the sailingboat where Mika was happily sitting. He might have tought that now he would get rid of me, but it was ok for me to swim. Even if I once got a really bad panic because some fish came and tried to bite me in the middle of that lake. After that I started to see killersharks in the water so I had to change my swimming style to the frog. I was wondering do I have to ask a ride for the other boatist. But when one sailingboat came next to me I just started to joking that I'm from Finland, but yeah I didn't come here by swimming and my friends should be somewhere over here, maybe waiting me. (Really I believe she hitchhiked to a boat for some part of the swimming we just didn't see it as we were so much in front)



Finally I found the boat and got in. Mika didn't believe that the fish harrashed me and the other quys conforted that here shouldn't be any pirates. (Actually I swam towards her just to be sure she is okay and we met on water, clad to see she was okay, and I have to add thanks all of you for a really nice boat trip!)

Later that evening we put the chicken with some vegetables in the oven, ate and talked together.


Again we were really tired, maybe it's the lake climate this time.

1 kommentti: