maanantai 23. heinäkuuta 2012

Gdansk, The First Couchsurfing Experience for Janina

We arrived to Gdansk and got our bags from the airport conveyerbelt.


We started walking towards the exit thinking what was the adress of Bartosz, our host in Gdansk. Suddenly I heard "Mika and Janina?" Bartosz had taken the bus to meet us at the airport, with another couchsurfer Joan. Joan is a couchsurfer from Spain on holiday in Poland. We happened to surf at Bartosz place at the same time which was really nice. Joan was the first couchsurfer, who is older than my father that I have met. And I must say that now I must tell my dad that he should join also.

Together we went on to find the bus to the center, and this time I let Janina do the rest of the days ramblings.

This was my second time in Gdansk, but totally different than the first one. Bartosz was still ready to show us the city, even if he was a bit tired.


He took us to one pub where we also visited with my brother Joni (but then we didn't stay in no longer than five minutes because we were so scared about the pictures and everything inside it). So this time I got really excited when Bartosz was going to order some Polish vodka and food. Not the safe boring pizza or pasta that I had mostly eaten the last time during my visit in Gdansk.


But somehow I wanted to skip the food part when I saw a plate of fresh meat with some spices and bread.


Well it was actually good, but I couldn't help thinking of the bull it came from.

After that we continued walking and went to see the river and the old harbour of Gdansk.

We had to stop by the meeting place where the people who live in Gdansk agree to meet. It was this fountain in the Old Town. Next to it there was the old town hall where the politicians have meetings when in town.


It was nice to hear some history of the city. I think the funniest thing was that there has been some kind of a Prison in the middle of the city. We were thought that it was there to show the other people what will happen if you dont obide the law. The towns people have had a chance to see when the prisoners were tortuned.

To Mika again,
after the really nice evening we went with the bus to Bartosz place. A shower, a nice local beer and some talking later we went to bed.


Janina fell a sleep like a baby even though she was in a foreing country and at her first couchsurfing place. There was even a small Hamster running in the wheel and it didn't keep her awake.


I used my earplugs just so I couldn't hear Joan's snoring or anything. Even though I think I would have slept anyhow.

See you tomorrow. :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti